Last week was mourning week to Singapore and Singaporean. The departure of our founding father, Lee Kuan Yew has touched many people here including mommy.
When mommy came here and settled down here, mommy often takes for granted the facility in Singapore eventhough I have not so much complain since I feel grateful living here than in Indonesia.
But during the 7 weeks of mourning, all TV channels showing the history of Singapore, the 50 years journey and what Mr Lee Kuan Yew has done for this country from nothing to first world country.
I feel so amazed with the great man full of inspiration and dedication to the country.
Not ever in my life, I meet or read the person like him.
I feel very sad too when I saw in TV how senior citizens have benefited most from LKY cried and knelt down in front of his coffin or photo.
His life gives me inspirations to continue his legacy to all my children. I'll make sure all my children will make the country proud or at least didn't make trouble hehe...
This is 11 things I learn from him :
1. Live Simply to the fullest
2. Hard work hard work hard work
3. Do your best in whatever job or task we do
4. Modern hardship to prevent complacency
5. Walk a talk in family
6. Spend quality time with children
7. Set it right for the children from young
8. Love your partner till the death do us apart
9. Love of family is the source of life
10. Chase your dream as high as possible, the sky is the limit
11. Learning for a lifetime
Here's the link about Mr. Lee Kuan Yew : Remembering Lee Kuan Yew
We had no chance to go to parliament house or cc to pay tribute but we had a privilege to send him off when his cortage passed our house twice to UCC and Mandai.